FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:30 pm
ttj

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Wanted to freshen up on arrival and visited AY schengen lounge with arriving boarding pass at HEL (without connecting flight), asked lounge dragon if the unofficial perk for platinums is still in force regarding arrival entry.
"yes sir, we want to take care of our best customers" ^
Recently had to burn some time at HEL waiting for the SO to arrive on separate flights and swung by the lounge and I think this falls under intuition's earlier note about "rule bending": my understanding from the ladies at the reception is that the OWE/Plat perk is for shower/freshening up, but that they're willing to make "exceptions" and were rather proactive in interpreting it that way. Either way, worked out rather painlessly and waiting at the lounge with some champagne certainly beats the arrivals section of the terminal.

As for the newspapers, got pretty much literally a local tabloid paper thrown at me by the FA when I was immersed in listening to music on a recent flight. On the next flight actually got an option to influence which paper I wanted from the trolley.