FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When can I get my refund - Consolidated Help / Experiences with United (UA) Refunds
Old Jul 19, 2015, 11:50 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife and I had a ticketed, confirmed reservation that included a DEN-CYS segment on ZK (Great Lakes), coded as a UA codeshare. About a week before departure, ZK cancelled their entire DEN-CYS schedule for my travel date (and UA notified my wife, but didn't notify me). When I went to view the reservation, the DEN-CYS segment had dropped off without notice. I called United and told them that we would drive DEN-CYS. The agent told me that she would update the reservation and submit it for re-faring and a partial refund, which she said would take about a week.

I didn't hear anything further from United, so upon our return from the trip, I submitted the itinerary for a refund via the online tool, only to get a response yesterday with the following text: "Our records show the ticket was used; therefore, no refund is due." My request clearly indicated that I was looking for a re-fare due to a flight cancellation, but they denied it anyway.

What's my next step? The only contact information listed for the refund department is snail mail or a fax number. Should I call the main reservations line again? Has anyone been through this before?

Thanks in advance.