FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get residual/"future flight credit" from non-refundable flight {Archive}
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:56 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by username
I wonder about this too. I asked an agent and she said the ETC is only mailed and they can't provide it electronically. Is this true? Is there a way for me to get the electronic version? One would think Electronic means the issuance is electronic too

I am rarely home in the summer to see my mail.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by physioprof
I have generally received my residual ETC via e-mail any time between immediately and 24-48 hours after rebooking the cancelled ticket. I asked a very helpful priority line TA about this, and she said policy is to receive by e-mail within 48 hours. I've never heard anything about this "cant provide it electronically" business before, and I've received many residual ETCs.
Well, I got home after a month long trip. No ETC in the mail. I called the 1K line and was transferred to the "electronic department". The agent said that:

1 - they cannot give out the PIN on the phone or e-mail
2 - HOWEVER, if I am booking a reservation, I can call them and they can apply it as it is "in my profile"

I also asked her the scenario where if I have ANOTHER cancelled reservation that I need to rebook and pay change fee - if an ETC can be applied if the new ticket is more expensive. She said no.

Am I not talking to the right people?

Thanks.