FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA/Eurostar 2 week business trip PHX-LHR-DUB-LHR-EDI-LCY-DUB-LHR-PHX
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:36 pm
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
June 24: Edinburgh to London

After a few hours of sleep, I woke up and checked out of the Hilton, and took the shuttle to the airport terminal. I was quickly checked-in and through security quickly. EDI has the same tray system now in use at LHR, and the fast track lane was fairly empty.

I found a few small gifts for the family and then entered the spacious Executive Club lounge, which had plenty of space, and a decent breakfast spread.

My departure gate was directly across from the lounge, and boarding commenced about thirty minutes prior to departure.

June 24th
BA8713
Seat 1B
UK domestic
Scheduled: 09:45 - 11:05
Actual: 09:45 - 10:58

I sat in 1B, and the person next to me laughed that it was a bit late in the morning for a pillow. I then proceeded to sleep from then until we landed, so I have no idea what the service was like on this short flight!

We arrived in the very small baggage claim area for domestic flights at LCY, and waited a few minutes for my bags, and then I was on the DLR within ten minutes.

For the next nine nights, I would stay at a flat near Farringdon Station that I found on Airbnb. The flat was modern and had a kitchen and washer/dryer which are two welcome additions for a long trip.

I spent the afternoon catching up on work, finding groceries at Waitrose, and getting settled into London.

In the evening I headed over to Shepherd's Bush and had dinner with a colleague at the Jamie Oliver restaurant at Westfield. The food was fine, but not as memorable as last month's meal at their location in Stockholm.

After a nice dinner, I took the tube back to Farringdon, and prepared for a very short night of sleep as I had a train to Paris before 6am the next morning.