FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:06 pm
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
DL 4785: SJC-SEA
Equipment: CRJ-700 operated by SkyWest
Meal: Lunch
Distance: 697 miles, block time: 2h12

This is firmly in the "exception" category for flights. Because Alaska offers a meal on their SEA-SJC service, Delta does as well. There was also a snack basket, offered to F then C+ — not sure who it's intended for. F should get "just" the snack basket and peanuts/pretzels/cookies in C+, but today everyone got to pick from bananas, SunChips, Twix, Hershey's and the usual Delta p/p/c.

Entree: Luvo Quinoa Crunch Wrap (a choice of a Luvo grilled chicken salad was also offered)
Side: Carrots and celery with hummus
Dessert: Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookie
Drink: "Red Blend" Wente Wine

Verdict: Let's say Luvo lived up to the "hype" — and by hype I mean lack of hype. The food wasn't awful, but it wasn't very good either. I made the wrap a little better by dumping the hummus on it. The hot sauce and the whole pepper shaker helped as well. The cookie wasn't bad. The crudités got left on the tray. The wine is mediocre. It amuses me, in a dark, twisted sort of way, that they're giving F the transcon C+ meal. I'm not sure what that says, but, hey. It was a free meal and it wasn't awful.

Bonus points for the really excellent FA. She managed to get us PDBs despite a late start to boarding. And she had a great attitude throughout the flight. So, all-in-all, I have no complaints.