FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maui - Starwood, Marriott, or Ritz Carlton
Old Mar 19, 2003, 5:48 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Hi CLT Traveler, welcome to FlyerTalk. I just saw your post today so it may be too late, but if your plans aren't firm and you haven't done so already, I suggest you do a search on "Maui" and "Hawaii" over in the Starwood forum. There is always lots of discussion about the Hawaii properties and you'll find a wealth of information about each of the Starwood hotels you're considering.

Also, if you end up using Starpoints for your award nights on Maui, given that you want to do 5 nights I would suggest using one of SPG's "Nights & Flights" awards that would cost you 70,000 points for a package that includes 5 nights in a category 4 hotel (Westin & Sheraton Maui would qualify) in addition to 50,000 frequent flyer miles deposited into the program of your choice. In my view, it's the best award Starwood offers in terms of value for points used. If this isn't clear or you'd like to discuss it further, feel free to ask or e-mail me.

Congratulations on your marriage & good luck on your trip!