FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHL vs CLT for international transit and other questions
Old Jul 16, 2015, 4:12 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
PHL vs CLT for international transit and other questions

For an international trip (in C) next May/June from SFO to MAD for my wife and myself, we may have the choice between transiting between PHL and CLT. A few questions:

1. Having been through PHL only once (and not on US) and not through CLT at all, am I correct in assuming that CLT is a nicer airport to pass through? (Looks like in terms of schedule and other aspects, the two otherwise work out the same for us.)
2. How far is the CLT airport from the city? And are there places near the airport to get a decent lunch or dinner? I ask because if we have a long-layover there we might see friends or they might come out to the airport to pick us up.
3. A really stupid question from a US newbie: Am I correct in assuming that all the US international C cabins are now the same 1-2-1 configuration, whether flying from PHL or CLT?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Thunderroad; Jul 16, 2015 at 4:52 pm