FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What airline should I choose to maximize my flying out of BOS for reward travel
Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:18 am
Blumie
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Although most of my flying is ex-NYC, I also have done a fair bit of ex-BOS flying. And while I don't have the direct experience to compare it with DL, UA or others, I will say that I have been very happy as an AA elite. Certainly the AA AAdvantage program is not as generous as it once was (can any frequent flyer program claim to be?), but still it's a very good program for its elite members, especially if you fly enough to be Executive Platinum. And while the ability to fly non-stop is always a plus, I find taking an AA 737 from BOS-JFK to be painless enough to connect to AA's and OneWorld's extensive network ex-JFK. And in addition to AA's expanding network ex-BOS as a result of its merger with US, four other OneWorld carriers now fly out of BOS: BA, IB, JL and CX. Also, BA is trying to buy EI, and if, as a result, EI ends up in OneWorld, that's another OneWorld carrier servicing BOS.