FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WK - you need to be (at least) a FTalker to understand their inconsistencies
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:58 am
SwissInternationalAirLines
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by behuman
WK has a nice soft product in short haul business class, with the same seating arrangement as LX, but in blue. Inflight service is cheerful and the food offering is superior to LX. Instead of the packed red chocolate you get delicious "Läderach" pralinés and at the end a "Biberli". A really nice boutique product for a charter airline.

But confusion and inconsistencies start when in good faith you book on the LX website such a flight with a LX flight number also being printed on the ticket.

You will not get status, but only bonus miles being a M&M member and I wonder what *alliance card holders might get. This is indicated in the very small print.

Regarding lounge access at least in ZRH I was admitted in the SEN lounge being booked in booking class P. Here again, I wonder what would happen if traveling coach or being *gold.

The two above points open all doors for unhappy customers and should be addressed by clearly indicating the points on the ticket.

The worse - and yes, I am disappointed - was the experience in EDI. After queuing for 35 minutes at the two open check in desks , I queued again at security (no fast track provided) and was then happily left with little time as no lounge access was granted either . Why WK does not use the smooth LH operations at that airport for check in, security and lounge ? To the credit of the Swissport station staff: They were fast and friendly and at least managed an orderly priority boarding.

And no, Dear Nick, this is not a complaint, but just a remark to help improve what could be a great product.
Dear behuman,

I have received feedback from my colleagues regarding status benefits and mileage credits on WK flights.

Generally, there is no lounge access or priority check-in. In Zurich, however, there is a goodwill policy in place of granting lounge access as well as priority check-in.

Customers flying on LX8000-LX8499 only receive bonus miles. Status Miles, HON Circle Miles and Executive Bonus do not apply on these LX codeshare flights.

On LX8500-LX8969 flights, customers do receive Status Miles, HON Circle Miles and Executive Bonus as these flights are LX wetlease flights operated by WK.

I hope this helps.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick