FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HIKING ASIA: Mt Fuji and the Great Wall with some SQ First and assorted fun
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:50 pm
olafman

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
PART 3: Tokyo Disney Sea

My family and I have visited all 11 parks worldwide. Our favorite is the beautiful Tokyo Disney Sea next to Tokyo Disneyland. It was the most expensive to construct and it is easy to see the beautiful work that was put into making it the best park in the world. We have two friends who work at Disney Imagineering who helped design the park. They loved the budgets they could work with!

We stayed at the slightly dated Tokyo Bay Hilton which is conveniently located on the monorail line giving access to both parks. Our Happy Magic rooms had several “magic” features that probably impressed the adults more than our teenagers.

We were in line at the front gates by 8:00 a.m. for a 8:30 opening. Already there were thousands of people ahead of us! The Tokyo parks have always been very successful.

We spent the day enjoying all of the rides and attractions. The highlight for me was a live show called Big Band Beat with a full jazz orchestra, singers and dancers. Many people have said that it is the best Disney show of all the Disney parks. We all really enjoyed the great jazz music and dancing. It was truly amazing. Even the kids thought it was great.

Another highlight was a drink in the beautiful Teddy Roosevelt Bar on the ocean liner in the harbor. The bar features hand carved wood depicting the life of Teddy Roosevelt. Our Imagineer friends said they never would have gotten approval to do such lavish interiors for their US parks.

With the time change and jet lag, we all were a little draggy after dinner so we headed back to the hotel for an early bedtime. It was a great day and we enjoying using this Disney day as our entry into Japan.

A welcome shark cocktail in the bar of the Tokyo Bay Hilton

The gang in front of Tower of Tower – Japanese version

Raging Spirits roller coaster at Tokyo Disney Sea

Eating a mango Mickey

Me with Duffy, the special plush made for the Japanese parks

The gang in Arabia land

Melon floats at the beautiful Teddy Roosevelt bar

Corbin tackles a Mile-High club sandwich

The view of the setting sun from our hotel room at the Tokyo Bay Hilton

Last edited by olafman; Jul 15, 2015 at 9:55 pm