FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Jul 15, 2015, 3:02 pm
pleasantsn

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikeef
There are days that Delta's revenue management system causes me fits, and there are days when it makes me want to kiss Richard Anderson right on the lips.

Was supposed to fly BOS-JFK-LAS with a four hour layover at JFK before boarding flight 2427 to LAS. Called in the night before to SDC to an earlier flight, no problem. I would have to give up seat 2B (and end up in seat not 2B) for a window, but to save a few hours, I could deal. I switched to DL 443, a few hours earlier.

Made it to JFK and got to my gate to board 443 when they announced, you guessed it, they were oversold. Offered $1,000 GC or credit to take a later flight. Naturally, I volunteered.

They put me on the later flight: DL 2427, seat 2B.

Mike
I'm surprised you were able to SDC onto a basically full flight. Load factors don't usually change that much within 24 hours, so if the SDC went through, I would think the new flight isn't full. Perhaps there was a cancellation that created this great situation for you?