FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA F pax on LX/LH code shares no longer have access to ZRH F lounge
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:46 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by uanj
Last month I flew in GF out or TPE and BR lounge staff told me UA only pays for business class lounge and therefore I cannot access the FCL. This does not match the Star Alliance website rules but they did not care.

Maybe it is UA initiating this.
What are you talking about ? Doesn't make any sense at all.

What's BR FCL ? The highest class of service with BR is either Royal Laurel on 77W or Premium Laurel on 744 and 330, then Business on A321 and MD90, which all are C class with different hard products, which means BR has no FCL.

So which lounge did you really get deny ? Flying F out of TPE you should be able to use the Infinity lounge, which is also used for BR's own C class pax which are not BR Diamond. I had flown BR C out of TPE and was only able to use the Star lounge as I was told the Infinity lounge is closed for cleaning due to late evening. But seriously both Star and Infinity not a whole lot of difference in food options, just the Infinity lounge has a more hip style décor.