FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA F pax on LX/LH code shares no longer have access to ZRH F lounge
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:07 pm
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Angry UA F pax on LX/LH code shares no longer have access to ZRH F lounge

LX (not LH so far) has updated their rules for use of the LX F lounges in ZRH & GVA. If you are ticketed on a code share (UA flt # operated by LX or LH) we no longer have access to the LX F lounges. What is so ridiculous is award tickets are still ok since they are ticketed using the LX/LH #. It's those of us who are paying F fares but buying the tickets from UA who are no longer welcome in the LX F lounge. Apparently according to the LX FT site this just started this month.

I hope LH does not come next but for those of us that keep our 1K status by flying mostly LX or LH now have one more reason to drop UA for Either LH or LX's program. What's even more ridiculous is my upcoming F ticket JFK-FRA-ZRH / ZRH-AMS / AMS-ZRH-DXB which are all on flights operated by LH or LX BUT USING UA FLIGHT NUMBERS was a little more expensive then if I bought the ticket from LH directly and I now must use the Senator lounge in ZRH (and I have 2 stops in ZRH, One only within Europe so no F anyway but the other one is w a long layover. This is absurd. Award tickets are ok but full fare not ?????

Does anyone know if I can ask UA to change my flight numbers from the code share to the actual??? Booked in A not F or I would just refund it and buy a new one from LH but A class is restricted