FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:41 pm
Flythe96flag

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I have never had problems with the seat blocking on non-full (or nearly) flights, except for passengers not respecting seat assignments, and for L/H Comfort seats. I guess the later are not subject to seat blocking for commercial reasons.

The free newspaper is pretty random. But my name pretty much gives it away that I am not a Finn/Swede.
I quite enjoy the seat blocking perk, unofficial and inconsistent as it may be. I still remember once flying BRU-HEL, knowing on boarding that the exit row window seat next to me was one of the only empty seats on the E90 flight, so yes I was quite satisfied. (So easy to please frequent flyers indeed ) Until of course, after boarding was complete, whilst resting my eyes, I wake up to someone jumping over my legs to place themselves in the window seat.

They didn't ask a FA, nor me if it was OK. I think I would be fine with accommodating with such a request if politely asked, it's just the inconsiderate nature of just taking the seat without asking that bothers me. (And no, they were not a tall person suffering the pitch constraints either)

Was not very happy for the rest of that flight.