FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:58 am
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC New Orleans

IC New Orleans

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?

Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked superior room (lowest possible) and was upgraded to Corner Parlor Suite.

How are the rooms?
The room was nicely appointed and had a large bathroom. There was a normal size bedroom, and a connected living area with couch, TV, etc. It reminded me of what you'd consider a junior suite at many other IC properties. It was a bit small, but had views of the city.

How is the exec. lounge?
N/A

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A bottle of red wine and a New Orleans chocolate. Was also given a free breakfast voucher for each morning.

How was the minibar?
It was one of the older minibars, that isn't electronically regulated. It had the typical spirits, beer, red and white wine. It had tons of juices, sodas, and Red Bull. Be warned that a lot of the cans had stuff on top (crumbs, mold?) because they haven't been replaced in forever. I brought it to the attention of the staff and it was refilled with new items immediately.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
-Location is walking distance to all tourist locations in N.O.
-Free Breakfast

-Bad
-What they consider a suite is a tad small

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes, this is one of the cheaper IC properties in the US

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Yes, if I was back in NOLA. I would also consider the Astor Crowne Plaza.

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 13, 2015 at 10:30 am Reason: added name of hotel to post instead of thread title only