FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miami confusion?
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:49 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a through bag checking process in MIA, but unfortunately it doesn't apply to PR as it is in the same customs area as the the rest of the USA. Now 1h 50 isn't a brilliant amount of time, it is do-able now that the kiosks are taking a lot of the workload off the staff, but I guess it depends on whether you get an on time arrival into MIA. If it is one ticket, then I wouldn't worry, you will get rebooked if you don't make it, but I think you have a greater than 80% of getting through as booked.

You could I guess rebook to a later service, but the chances are that you'll just find yourself hanging around MIA even longer. I would be comfortable with that connection. The other option is to go hand baggage only, it would save about 20 minutes or less.

Missing planes isn't worth worrying about, there's always another one, and in the case of San Juan there are lots and lots of services.