FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:45 pm
Wildcatz1

It will be interesting to see what if anything does come out July 14/15 from Barclays. I was going to downgrade or cancel this week as AF is also coming due and I'm not going to stick with the negative changes on the Arrival+ that have been shared by the many blogs and threads. With what you posted may be worth waiting until Tuesday/Wednesday to make the call.

I do wonder if the 'you'll like it' comment from the CSR is the positive spin they are trying to put on the changes rather than anything else but with only a few days to find out (based on the date they gave you), it won't be long until we are all aware of any positive changes or just call BS. Either way gives enough time to cancel before AF comes due.

Let us know if you hear something before the rest of us

Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by Murph
Just called to cancel my Arrival+ since the annual fee hits on July 31. Was told by the rep to wait until July 14 or 15 for the "new, free version of the Arrival card". But a free version has existed for a while.

Are they just jerking me around to increase their "called to cancel, but were convinced otherwise" rate? Is there a new free version coming in a week that anyone is aware of? I did ask what new features were coming, but they couldn't tell me anything, other than "You'll like it".

I was going to call back and see if CSR Roulette gives me a different story, but I wanted to check here first (searched the thread and read back a few pages, but didn't see anything about it). I can wait a few days, but if the rep did lie to me, is there an official place to complain?