FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bed Bugs on American Airlines
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:20 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cybernight
Hi, I was trying to find a place to get out information about bed bugs on American Airlines.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

I flew back from DFW to DCA on Flight 2439 on May 18th 2015 and brought home bed bugs. I didn't stay in hotel in Dallas and my friends have confirmed that they do have have them (they had their house inspected in case I brought them with me on the flight down).
Lemme get this straight: you stayed with friends in Dallas and their home is infested with bedbugs. And yet you think AA was the source of the infestation?

Sounds to me like your friends' home is the problem, not AA. They should call an exterminator and you should think twice about staying with them next time you go to Dallas.

I wanted to try and warn other folks -- they have been a nightmare to deal with. And American Airlines response -- gee we are sorry - come fly us again sometime. They didn't seem to take it very serious so that plane could still be infecting people. If there is a more appropriate place to post something like this -- let me know.
--C
Nowhere did you post that you even saw a begbug on an AA flight. Only that you flew AA and now you have bedbugs. I see the correlation, but I'm having difficulty seeing the causation.