FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for help choosing hotels in Rome/Florence/Venice
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:57 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by DavidO
Centurion Palace is represented by a company called Celebrated Italy which offers "Celebrated Perks" with its bookings. (Celebrated does not sell directly to the public). They describe Centurion Palace as a "palace hotel" having "a gothic façade and modern décor" with grand canal views.
Celebrated Perk: Complimentary three-course lunch or dinner per person (excluding beverages) with a three-night minimum stay, breakfast included
Perhaps the description did not translate well. The Grand Canal Views equal those of the Gritti. Reception was warmer than the Gritti (probably worth noting that I have stayed at the Gritti about a dozen times as I have been going to VCE every year for many years). In fact, the view of the Canal is equal to that of the Aman.
If, indeed, they are offering a three course meal than that is worth considering. My husband and I dined on the terrace in late October and thought the food was absolutely outstanding. It was a beautiful day so we dined on the terrace. We did see the dining room and it was also lovely. Although modern, it does have some very Venetian touches and the location is great. I would be interested in hearing a review of this hotel from a Virtuoso member of this forum.