FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgraded but recieved "We are not yet able to confirm your request ..." message ???
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:08 am
drewguy

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by bervol
Situation was a bit unclear. I knew I was on the waitlist for the ORD-SFO leg. When I looked at the seat selection screens during online checkin just now I am still seated in 7B MUC-ORD. Which is definitely R class. So it appears that I am now "confirmed" for 7B but ORD-SFO is up in the air. Maybe the online checking nailed down the one confirmation.

The wording of the message I received earlier was a bit alarming, since I had not "requested" an upgrade, I had bought one:
"We are not yet able to confirm your request for an upgrade on your flight from Munich, DE (MUC) to Chicago, IL, US (ORD - O'Hare). While your upgrade request will no longer appear in your reservation, you will automatically be added to the upgrade standby list after you complete check-in and receive your boarding pass for this flight."
This sounds entirely ordinary on a multi-leg itin where not all legs clear, except for the error in the email about which leg hasn't cleared.