FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:26 am
MagicWok

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
IC Bali

InterContinental Bali

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Very Happy

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Club Room, upgraded to Club Duplex Suite. (1 level)

How are the rooms?
Great

How is the exec. lounge?
Service and breakfast still as excellent as I remember. I appreciate it being open 24hrs, which they often aren't at other hotels.

I do wish they would return to more substantial food offerings they had in the past, maybe one day...

What was your welcome gift?
We had the standard nuts and chocolates. I gave the nuts to a family member so I can't account for quality.

We also got a nice bag of Johnson Baby Toiletries for our son.

Did you receive fruit and water in the room?
Yes. Replenished daily.

What was good?
- Service in the lounge, and recognition by name from some staff I met previously and with whom I had spoken to prior to my stay.
- Genuine care and concern when some sugar ants found their way to the drinks bar (attracted by baby milk powder).
- Helped to arrange a wonderful cake for my wife on her birthday, and a breakfast in the pavilion by the pool.
- Treated my mum and dad well on a separate booking.
- A couple free drinks outside cocktail hours on a rare night off from child duties ^
- Spa was extremely good value for an in-hotel Spa. Just $35 for an hour and a half. (I know it's cheaper outside, but I repeat "extremely good value for an in-hotel Spa)

What was bad?
Food offering and experience in the pavilion wasn't great compared to our previous visit a couple years ago. This time is was some table and chairs and food from Jimbaran Gardens. Previously it was laid out like a Balinese experience.

Value for the money? Would you return?
The IC Bali holds special memories for us, and the service has always been superb for us, and the value of the upgrade price difference - whilst still the expected 1 level - more than makes up for the cost of the AMB membership. We likely will return!

Last edited by MagicWok; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:29 pm