FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Glasshouse, Autograph Collection, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jul 7, 2015, 3:43 pm
jtwiz

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
No one ever responded to my last question, so I guess I will answer myself! We just got back from our 5-night stay and were treated excellently as Platinum guests. We got upgraded to the Bowmore Suite (room 45) iwth a stunning city view, including the sunset. We could see the Firth of Forth to the far right.

The suite was huge, including the king bed, the lounge area, desk with mini bar, bathroom with heated floors including separate tub and shower, a sink and closet area, and a giant balcony. It is probably the biggest hotel room I have had in Europe with the exception of the Presidential Suite at the Renaissance La Defense in Paris (but that is a story for another time! )

As noted by others, Platinums (and Golds, I assume) have free continental breakfast, which includes fresh toast and hot porridge brought to you from the kitchen. Out of our 5 days, we only chose to upgrade for the 5 GBP one day to a full hot breakfast. There was more than enough food for us on the buffet between the breads, fruit, yogurt, meats, cheeses, etc.

The only nitpicks I have are the following: 2 out of 5 days we got zero fresh towels. To me, that seems like one housekeeper just isn't trained or isn't doing their job properly. Also our keys had to be re-configured twice and we didn't get a requested wake-up call. I did let the hotel Management know about these things because there is no way a "5 star" hotel shouldn't be delivering towels!

One odd thing, the only public restrooms in the hotel are about a mile away from the front desk on some side hallway on the 3rd floor. If you want to check in early and use their restroom to freshen up, then you have to drag your luggage all the way up there with you.

In any case, we would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is a lovely, but interestingly quirky, property.