FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton Honors VISA (no annual fee version) [Ends Dec 2017]
Old Jul 6, 2015, 6:32 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't know that there is a simple answer. This card was the one and only one that you could use to get a lot of hotel points with minimum spend repeatedly in all recent years. I don't know if BofA's hotel cards were as quickly churnable as AS cards turned out to be (though recently that's slowed down some), but BofA dropped all hotel cards several years ago.

Do you already have the Citi HH Reserve in your mix? It seems to have the same 18 month language, but you can do that every 18 months along with a 50k/60k/whatever every 18 months, and assuming some of your nights are on weekends that may perhaps help make 50k/60k only every 18 months more usable if you can combine it with 2 more nights from weekend certs from the Reserve card also every 18 months. (However, those certs expire while points don't, so you have to plan carefully when to apply for the Reserve.)

Similarly, you could try for Ritz-Carlton night certs with that card, and/or Hyatt night certs with that card, but again timing carefully since they probably expire too.

At the very least, it sounds like you may have to change hotels more often, because even if you'll find enough points or certs for your hotels, they won't always be that many at the same time from the same hotel program.
I'm not too worried as I have ~ 1 million HH points. We use ( currently) 520k per year so we are good until our Thanksgiving 2017 vacation fror HILTON properties then I can start burning SPG

Neither of us has had the Reserve Card.

There are Many options ( even Arrival and Cap 1) to get the 13 or so nights oceanfront per year we need so while we may have to move to different hotels we can figure it out.

Didn't someone mess with the AA link when it died and get it working again ? I haven't had a AA card in years but I thought I read that someplace

Last edited by flyer4512; Jul 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm