FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Considering quitting FB and KLM: too arrogant
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:50 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Everybody can have a bad day, and that's fine. Though I have to agree that the FB desk in AMS often gives me trouble too. More often than 'a bad day' would explain.

Pretty much the same experience as the OP. Trying to credit missed (non-AFKL) flights, while bringing the boarding passes. Especially when I do not have an AFKL-issued e-ticket that shows booking class (eg flights booked through an OTA) it seems to be difficult for them as they are unable to retrieve the details of past itineraries. Which they often try to blame on the customer, me, while the procedure says nothing about bringing an e-ticket. And even in Dutch some of these guys are not even close to be willing to work with you on such, and make that very clear in a less than polite way.

And I must say that I do not agree (at all) with the notion to just do this per email. Yes, that is an approach that one can use if one prefers email. But these FB guys are there specifically to handle these retro-credits (I cannot imagine they get many other requests). So it is their job, and they should have some grace in doing what they are paid for.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 5, 2015 at 4:58 am