FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking LATAM (LAN and TAM) award / flights using AA miles
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:09 pm
2Tall4Y
Formerly known as jlars77

The Y & J award availability appears to be legit (but rare) and if you select it the Avios required will post. The F availability is noise and in my experience errors out when selected.

Originally Posted by ajnaro
Right now BA is showing lots of availability for TAM, both on routes between NA and Brazil and within Brazil, but this availability cannot be seen by AA agents. I’ve tried AA both in the US and in Brazil, but the result is the same: they can’t see BA’s availability on TAM. Clicking through on the BA site does not seem to lead to an error. However, BA does show availability of first class awards on certain dates, even though TAM no longer has first class service on any route. AA’s own availability seems limited strictly to economy class and has recently been drastically reduced, so that most dates now show only anytime availability at stratospherically high rates. One AA agent told me that TAM’s classes were supposed to change on October 1st to align with oneworld and that change might be causing problems. In the past, I have successfully used BA to find TAM availability on several occasions. AA was able to see the same availability.