View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 15, 11:31 am
crazyhorse

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
Visiting Delhi for the first time this Dec and was considering places to stay. This hotel seems to getting some good reviews on this forum but am unsure if this is the best place to stay for sightseeing/tourism purposes.

Presently I am Plat Premier and wife is regular Plat with a gazillion points between the 2 of us. She is also SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold and will soon be Hyatt Diamond with much smaller point balances in each of these programs.

My question is -
1. Will the JW be the best bang for the buck (I mean point) given that it is now only a Cat 5 which means I can get 5 nights for 100K. What are the chances of a nice suite upgrade? We will be having our little daughter with us and need a fridge in the room at the least.

2. The other options are the Hyatt Regency (where she should have lounge access due to being Diamond) but I am not sure of the location. SPG options I have narrowed down are the Le Meridien and the ITC Maurya but not sure if Gold will get us much there. There also seem to be a number of Radisson Blus around but their Elite treatment is pretty much non-existent, though they appear to be in better locations.

3. If I do decide to stay here how easy is it to get around? I hate sitting around in traffic and would much rather take trains to save time. Is the Delhi Metro well connected? (FWIW, I am originally from Mumbai so travelling by Indian trains doesn't freak me out )

4. Finally, thinking about making a day (or overnight) trip to see the Taj and Fatehpur Sikri and would definitely like some recommendations on how to go about getting a reliable car service.

Thanks much!