FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crediting (UA/partner) FF account but getting benefits from another acct? [Merged]
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:49 am
PaulInTheSky

Originally Posted by cfischer
sorry, that's just wrong.

Of course you can use your GPUs and credit to other programs ... just be ready to keep and use the original W-class receipt in case the R-class causes issues. In irops you will of keep your upgrades since they are supported by a GPU. I have had good luck getting help from the 1K line for other non-status pax when using my GPUs; I'd assume this should be the same if the 1K member is traveling but not crediting to UA.
The reservation will also still show in your 1K account and somehow this is all still linked even if you credit to another FQTV program
I think you give credit to UA way too much.
As I mentioned, it would be a hassle, I didn't say it's impossible. In addition, when you encounter some nasty agents, you may not get what you wish for especially in the events of IRROPs.

1K FFP number on UA with GPU upgrade will have a higher priority of IRROPs treatment than *A FFP number on UA with the GPU upgrade coming from whichever source it is. Your situation is entirely different. UA is getting more revenue because you referred the kettle passengers with your GPU. In OP's case, he's making UA to pay whichever *A partner FFP that he is using to get miles. Entirely different story.