FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First Class Meal Improvements - Starting November 18th
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:40 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by skitch23
I can't find the thread I'm looking for, so I'll just post here...

I'm looking at booking a US Metal flight BWI-PHX in F. The schedule says it departs at 8:05pm and according to the website, the dinner cutoff time is 8pm. Just wondering if anyone has any experience on whether or not you get a full meal on this flight (or any other transcon with a similar departure time)? The duration is 4h47m, so I'd think they'd give people more than just a snack basket. And yes, I realize airplane food mostly sucks... I'm just limited on options for award flights home so I'm hoping to get more value out of my 25k miles
The following is the rule for post 8pm US flights headed westbound: When departing from PHL or CLT and headed west, the flight gets a full dinner service. Any other outstation to PHX or LAS only gets the snack basket (which I believe has now been changed to warm nuts and cookie service only). If meal service is important to you on these later flights, take the quick hop up to PHL first.

I've also seen reports that even flights from PMAA hubs like MIA to PHX don't get meals after 8pm either.