FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended / Motion Passed: Creation of a Smoking Section
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:19 pm
Canarsie
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by wharvey
If you do not move all "smoking" related threads to this new forum, then why create the forum? Isn't the entire point of this forum to create one place on Flyertalk where smokers can go to talk about their unique issues?
Perhaps I misunderstood; but I do believe you misread the answer of nsx.

The first choice which Eastbay1K asked was...
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
More generally, will this proposed forum be one where (a) every destination-specific post will be redirected to the destination
...meaning that if the topic of the discussion pertained to a hotel property in New York City, for example, will it be re-directed to the New York City forum?

The response from nsx was...
Originally Posted by nsx
That would defeat the purpose of having a single forum where smokers can exchange information about smoking restrictions. The smoking aspect is a narrower category than the destination.
...meaning that if the topic of the discussion pertained to a hotel property in New York City, for example, it should stay in the new forum for smokers which has been proposed and not be re-directed to the New York City forum — a concept with which I would agree.

I would also agree with you, wharvey, that most — if not all — existing and future discussions related to smoking should be moved to the new forum if it is indeed created.