FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:42 am
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by canopus27
I am not, in any way, happy with the Altitude 2015 changes.

To me, the Altitude 2015 changes were an obvious win for the short-term bean counters at AC, over those who care about longer term loyalty. It's easy for AC to be happy about their current numbers, but it will be very interesting to see what happens when the next inevitable downturn happens.

All that being true ... I would much rather hear the truth {from Ben or Andrew or whoever} about what is being done - much better that, than the carefully wordsmithed marketing manure that the "Air Canada Altitude" official account used to feed us.

Perhaps it's just me, but I prefer to be treated like an adult. I recognize that I may not like the message, and I may disagree with the motivation ... but I would rather be given a blunt, adult message, about the reasoning behind a change (even if it's a reasoning that I think is flawed) ... than to be given a positive sounding marketing spin.

The argument that public messaging should only be carefully done by trained professionals, who will obviously mind their words with caution, appears to have won out.

But to me, that's a loss.

Given a choice, I would prefer to hear blunt honesty - and to see a corresponding respect of the speaker, certainly not crowds gathering around to shoot & beat the messenger.

Sadly, that appears to be impossible on FT today.

It's too bad.
+1