FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015)
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:08 pm
Phantom707

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Paypal can draw a limited amount of money from your bank account. I don't know the limit.

Paying off the credit card you used to load it is likely to get you shut down. Don't do it. Transferring to your bank account is safer I think. I drain my balance by paying other bills including OTHER credit card bills.
I have scoured the posts here and elsewhere, and I can't find a single post saying that someone was shut down by Serve for doing this. It may look suspicious to your credit card company, but Amex hasn't shut anyone down for paying off the loading credit card.

I have heard of people being shut down for this because it makes Amex think that you're just getting a fee free cash advance.

On an unrelated note, I need to rant a little.

I got a relative to signup for a Serve account to let me use, but he apparently got angry at me for how many emails he was getting so he freaking banned me from the account. He may have changed the password, email, or something else, but in the message he sent me, he threatened to cancel the account. This is after I've literally used the account three times (albeit to load and unload multiple $200 Staples cards, but still). The ABSOLUTE SHITIEST part is that I had just bill paid one of my cards for $800, and I have no idea if it'll go through since the account might be CANCELLED. Freaking damn it.