FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - P6 (Privilege Style) 767 to operate on behalf of LY
Old Jun 28, 2015, 12:27 pm
eugnk

Programs: BA, A3, LY; IHG/IC, Accor
Originally Posted by awayIgo
I just received an email from El Al that my Aug flight from London to TLV is going to be operated by PS. I am flying economy on that one and not a happy camper. It is a day flight and I need to call El Al re: food, since there are no choices available and I am concerned re: Kashrut and everything else. The email says,

"This is to inform you that your EL AL flight will be operated on a Boeing 767-300, leased from the Spanish airline, Privilege Style.

The security check and check-in will be completed at TLV Terminal 3 as is customary for EL AL flights.
Ground services will be handled by EL AL service personnel.
Food and beverages service will be the same as the service
provided by EL AL."

It says nothing about who will be flying the plane etc. etc.

Just a thought--which G-d willing will remain hypothetical. Last summer, during the war I flew to Israel on EL AL, on the day that the rest of the world decided TLV was too dangerous to go to. Would this PS flight have flown, or more likely, I would have been grounded. I am one of the handful here who is loyal to El Al. ( that is NOT a negative on anyone) Things like this kind make make one, rethink what they are doing!

Hopefully some one will fly PS and report back before my August trip!
By the way, the frequently raised point that only LY flew throughout last summer is not quite true, especially concerning LON-TLV flights. British Airways had not suspended the route and kept flying.