FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Montreal/Laval {CAN}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:32 am
Richmond_Surrey

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I see it's not very popular hotel. Just an update in case anyone wants to stay there.

Hotel is by the biggest shopping centre near Montreal - Carrefour Laval and 13km from Premium Outlets in Mirabel. It's directly by the motorway and the main view is either car park or the road. It's around 20-30 minutes from airport and Montreal City Centre by car. There's bus from shopping centre to Montmercy Metro station.

I booked cheapest room and got upgraded to Executive Level on 10th floor, which is private floor as receptionist called it. Lounge must be conversion from old corner room because it's smallest I ever seen. There are soft drinks in fridges and happy hour between 17.00-19.00. I was there around 20.00 and they still had some hot food. Lounge in unmanned except for happy hour. So you can drop in and take a drink from fridge.

Rooms and bathrooms are quite big and well equipped.

Hotel is being refurbished right now, there's some work going on the ground floor. New lounge will be there too. They also put studios with kitchenettes.

Service was very good so I image that after refurbishment it will be very good hotel at competitive price, assuming you have a need to stay in the area. There's Holiday Inn and Sheraton there as well, so I guess there is demand for hotel rooms in the area.

Some pictures:

Not refurbished Exec Room.

Amenity set in bathroom.

Current lounge at 10th floor.

View from lounge.

I hope that helps.