FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Fuel Scam
Thread: Hertz Fuel Scam
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:47 pm
MASTERNC

Originally Posted by sosafan
Notice of Change to Hertz® Gold Rental Terms
The Notice and Revision below hereby amends and replaces Section 8. “Refueling Options” of The Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Rental Terms, Part II. B. - Terms And Conditions Applicable To Rentals In The United States And Canada. This notice of modification is provided in accordance with the Terms of your Gold Plus Rewards Membership. Making a Program rental subsequent to the effective date will constitute an acceptance of the updated Terms.

Summary
Beginning on 7/15/2015 there will be a new refueling option for Hertz rentals in the United States. This Express Fuel option applies at select locations to rentals during which the entire distance driven is 75 miles or less. If you drive 75 miles or less and do not purchase gas, or purchase gas but fail to produce a receipt, a charge of $13.99 will be applied. If you drive 75 miles or less and produce a receipt of a fuel purchase made during your rental, the $13.99 charge will not be applied.
Terrible for the renter - that assumes you used 4-6 gallons at current gas prices. That said, I usually take my gas receipt with me anyway when I return the car. It will just be even more important to do so going forward.