FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Embarcadero SF cheating system to avoid award stays. (Partially Resolved)
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:20 am
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by Vuelos
So the Hyatt Regency SF Embarcadero seems to be playing a nifty game of taking their King Bed room out of BAR but offering it on packages to ensure you can't book with Gold Passport points.

Trying to book this Thursday for a 1 night stay... what a pain in the butt when it comes to redeeming the Credit Card free night for renewal.

I contacted my Concierge whose response was:

How is this allowable under the T&C...
This is complete bs and it's upsetting that it seems like this issue is only getting worse. When this first happened to me a few years ago with the Hyatt Maui, Gold Passport stepped up and basically said properties shouldn't be doing this and to let them know anytime I ran into it. Now they say, well it's not available for the Hyatt Daily Rate so tough luck. I never thought this would turn into a real issue, but now it seems like it most likely will with the increased availability of HGP points and the free CC nights.

I've started to notice this issue more and more so it seems like this "trick" is catching on. In the last month alone, I've run into this issue at both the Hyatt Hill Country Resort and the Park Hyatt Aviara. The sky isn't falling yet, but I don't like the direction this is heading.