FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Bank Checking Account Signup and Credit Bureau Freeze?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:57 am
sexykitten7

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
No, they don't use IDA/ARS for checking/savings accounts. That's for their credit cards. And even if they did, you wouldn't have to unfreeze it.
IME, this is false (as of July 2014). They apparently need IDA/ARS (in addition to Chex) for "verification." This can also be accomplished by opening in person (which I did since it was easier than unfreezing). See the email response below. None of the Big 3 were frozen.

Hi sexykitten7,

Thank you for the reply back.

In regards to your application, please understand that even though it is a deposit account you're applying for we still use your Credit Report to verify your information and do not check on your credit history.

When you applied online you agree to the terms and conditions:

You are about to ask U.S. Bank to approve your application for a Easy Checking account. By submitting this application, you understand that you and any joint applicant are granting U.S. Bank permission to:

Verify this request and conduct a credit search.
Verify this request for purposes of verifying customer identity and prevention of fraud. A credit bureau may be used to verify information provided.

Since it is showing that there is a security freeze we are requesting that you remove the freeze so we can proceed with the application. Once the freeze has been remove please let me know and I can resubmit your application. If you prefer not to remove the freeze, you're more than welcome to step into a U.S. Bank branch to reapply for the Checking account where we can verify you face-to-face.

Please keep in mind that I do hold your application until 08/21/14.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Have a beautiful day! :0)

Thank You,

Pang K. Her
U.S. Bank | Direct Bank
(P) 651-466-6666 | (F) 1-877-691-8492
Email: [email protected]
Hours: Monday - Friday | 6:15AM - 2:45PM, Central Time