FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EWR > DEL UA82 Arrival on e-Tourist Visa
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2015, 5:30 pm
sing-along

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium
EWR > DEL UA82 Arrival on e-Tourist Visa

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has used e-Tourist Visa to enter India? I know UA sometimes offers some grief when people are travelling to China without a visa physically in their passport when they are using the 72-hour transit rule and wanted to ask if anyone has any negative experiences trying to board using e-Tourist Visa?

My business colleagues travels on a PIO card and the gate agent on both of his last trips in EWR indicated he could not fly. In both circumstances when the second agent arrived some-15 minutes later everything was sorted out.

My other question ... upon arrival into DEL do you have to go to a special counter to go to or just the regular immigration counters? Online it references biometric data must be collected upon arrival and not sure if that means limited number of counters that can be used. I can just envision a line that is very long if only specific counters can be used.

I did several searches online and in flytertalk and was not able to find any details of the specific process once arriving into DEL.

Many thanks and safe travels.

Cheers