FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yosemite: Lodging in October?
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2015, 3:27 pm
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Yosemite: Lodging in October?

Should I bite the bullet and pay $270 for Yosemite Lodge at the Falls on Oct 6th or wait it out for perhaps a better price? Really need lodging in the Valley that night for our visit to work right. I could not find a booking site besides NatPks with this lodging. Suggestions?

2 Seniors, limited to short hikes on easy paths.

We are leaving for Yosemite the latter part of Sept...LasV, Cedar City, Pangitch, Bryce, Escalante, Torrey, Salt Lake City, Elko, Reno, Lee Vining, then into Yosemite. 39 mile scenic, up to Hetch Heche and then to the Village for the night. Next day to do the village and Glacier Point. Back to Wawona and stay. The last day do History Center and a final look around and then head for the wineries south on 41. Much more trip before heading home to Escondido (San Diego area).

Everything worked fine until I tried getting a night in the Village. The $270 is doable, but is near the top price they charge. Seems like this would come down eventually? Also was going to stay at the Wanona Hotel on the 7th, but now it looks like we will go down to Best Western Plus, near Oakhurst and then drive back up for the last night. Getting a room with a private bath at this 2 star Wawona is $255 with private bath and up.

Last edited by ranles; Jun 22, 2015 at 3:16 pm Reason: error n city