FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:44 am
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by gutenmorgan
Sorry to hear that And thank you for the reply. We got the flight, fortunately we completely ignored all advice from aa and called back and got put through shortly before noon eastern (maybe it posted at midnight a day later in hong kong time? Hard to come up with a reason for any other posting time between 8 and 1145 eastern).

No clue why this isn't more systematic for something thoroughly automated that occurs every single day! I understand aa agents don't really care that much but the amount of misinformation even among fliers discussing the subject is incredible.
I feel like AA agents are hit or miss. I have had some that would just say whatever it took to get me off the phone even if it was a complete lie and others that would actually check with supervisors and do everything they can to help me. I think the fault here lies with the AA training and management, because clearly the representatives on the phones are not being given the information thy need to accurately answer customers questions.