FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any point in crediting those excess status points?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 3:37 pm
Flygirlnz

Programs: NZ*GE
Originally Posted by Miles Down Under
Don't know any EP1 members who do not run large companies with high enterprise-wide travel spends.

What international destinations do you usually fly to Flygirlnz?
Domestic at least weekly return, sometimes more. 3-4 TT return (J where poss), 12-15 Pacific return (J. 50 pct paid, 50pct upgrades with APD), 1 x LAX and 1 x PVG or HKG or somewhere up that way (all PE plus UGs) and we'll add a South America this year with the new service.

Husband: 50 pct of the Domestic, TT and Pacific travel & all of the NA/Asia.

In terms of what we're trying to achieve, we own our own businesses, so our paid fares are always tax deductible, as we work wherever we are. Within the 100k budget want to be able to our fares and kids fares and achieve award travel fares/ UG (into) for the kids for a domestic each per month, 2 x TT, 6 pacific and the long hauls.

Oh, and in 2 years I want to buy FC RTW for me and my husband (in my wildest dreams we would be able to take the kids...), which is way the QF Gold/OW connection matters.

Man, if I was my customer I would sure like to hear about my budget and plans and put together a program to meet their needs, within the tier entitlements, rather than risk losing 2/5 of the spend.

But there doesn't seem to be a routine mechanism for this at all - unless you sign up with their travel agency arm and I can't stand travel agents (none of them 'get' the system when it comes to the whole balance re points/spend/benefits).

It's really puzzling to me that they treat the relationship as a long term, loyalty based one, but transact it in such an episodic way. Makes no sense on either side. Or maybe 100k pa just isn't enough to scratch the sides for them?

Last edited by Flygirlnz; Jun 20, 2015 at 3:44 pm