FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:45 am
777Aseatplease

Programs: AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus
@Nancy, by “relementary compensations.” I think they mean "regulatory compensation" and are referring to EC Regulation 261/2004 which in most cases (weather being the most common exception) sets compensation at 600 Euros for a flight over 3500km which is delayed for more that 4 hours.

I have read some comments elsewhere that suggest they are giving round trip tickets (even when one sector has been effected) in addition to the cash compensation they are required to give under the legislation. If that is true then it seems that they really are doing their best to keep passengers happy while they sort out the teething troubles.

Could I ask if you or any other forum users have had confirmed exactly what compensation is being provided?

I too wish the new airline well. I am old enough to have used Virgin Atlantic when they only had one, and later two, aircraft and personally experienced the problems they also had at that time.

Virgin went on to be the driving force behind a great improvement in business class travel across the world. I am doing my bit to support La Compagnie as they try to shake up the status quo in the industry by flying with them next month.

Lets hope that their great product at a sensible price is, like Virgin Atlantic proved to be, here to stay!