FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | Europe
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:52 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Italy - probably a new entry for Olbia. There is a lounge, it even has a BA sign on the door, however in the lounge book it says that the lounge is for Club Europe passengers on BA charter flights only, not the new regular service to Terminal 5! Now as daft entrance rules go, that's the daftest one I've come across yet (albeit in an extensive litany), so I'll see if I can get BA management to look at it.

It is quite a good lounge, with a lot of food and drink originating from Sardinia.

OLB - Olbia
OLB Club Lounge
Contract Lounge
Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport, Sardinia

Airside, after security before gate 1, entrance in the duty free shop next to Chanel display (easy to miss)

Opening hours
06 to 22 hrs

Access
Club Europe on BA charter flights (awaiting confirmation)
No PriorityPass or Lounge Angel access
Paid entrance is available at the door €25

Food and beverages
Yoghurt, foccacia bread, fresh fruit, biscuits, chocolates, sweets, savoury snacks, cakes, mooncakes, nut mix, croissants, honey, chocolate bread. Almost all of this appears to be Sardinian sourced.
Soft drinks: Good range of fruit juice, Fanta, iced tea, energy drinks, Crodino bitters, lemon soda, Coca cola and Diet Coke, local still and sparkling water in mini bottles.
Coffee: Nespresso capsules including de-caffeinated. Twinings tea. Milk hidden in back of fridge
Range of spirits including Sardinian Mirlo di Domu (Myrtle liquor), limoncello and a myrtle equivalent at 32% ABV! But no gin.
Wine: Vermentino di Gallura "Funtanaliras" and "Piras", Cannonau di Sardegna, Cantina Tani Serranu Isola dei Nuraghi, Tenute Olbios 'Nessuno' Rosso dei Colli del Limbara.
No champagne.
Beer: Ichnusa (Cagliari larger)

Entertainment
Front desk keeps a stack of iPads for guest use
Free wifi - airport has free and open access connectivity
Power points, Italian 3 pin and USB.

Toilets but no showers in lounge
No smoking.
Views over apron and runway.

The BA logo is in the 2nd column towards the top.