FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:36 pm
NoonRadar

Originally Posted by Brugge
Happy is one of the most knowledgeable, intelligent, and helpful posters on this and many other FT threads. No need for the animosity. Disagree on a factual basis and we may all learn something useful from the ensuing dialogue.
That was actually the point I was trying to make; I was trying to say that factual reporting of data points is one thing, local conditions is another for each of us, and personal preference is another think altogether; they don't all have the same weight in such arguments. Plus arguments shouldn't be framed like "how many of you are still planning to go to the beach this summer being that the weather is horrible" or any other biased approach, like referring to some features/facts and ignoring others, as suited by a point of view.

What I was referring to as pointless was things that are based on personal preferences or biases; you can argue endlessly (with nothing gained from such arguments) for things that are based on preference/bias, i.e. Coke vs Pepsi.

I haven't been here as long as some of you to know the reputation of one poster vs another, so I reply to the posts, not the people behind them. Now thinking about it, I think that is better anyhow, for actual value of our posts, so to speak.

Having said that, I see how I could have worded my post better. I certainly didn't mean any animosity though, so I apologized for having given that vibe.

Last edited by NoonRadar; Jun 15, 2015 at 6:45 pm