FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Delhi pricing premium economy/economy
View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 2015, 8:50 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by belky15
I have been watching the pricing of the new AC Delhi route. Initially, the economy pricing was quite low (around $1450) but it has gone up to about $1750. Premium economy was high at $2750 but has gone down to $2400. AC is now advertising the $1750 economy as its best rate for the Delhi flight. I doubt that that is the case and it is not the best rate that they have advertised. I would prefer the premium economy, mostly for the leg room (6 foot 2 inches in economy is almost a death wish!). I am now in a position that I can book the flights so I would appreciate any thoughts that you might have for what I can expect for the future pricing on this route (my wife and I would fly out to Delhi on the 15th November and return the 1st December).

While I prefer the AC routing from Halifax, I am considering Lufthansa flights. There are more stops but the prices on Expedia are quite a bit lower and the 330s offer two seats together rather than the 3/3/3 in economy on AC. Seat assignment fees will narrow the pricing gap but is there something else that I am missing from the Expedia low pricing of these routes through Germany (Lufthansa doesn't offer these prices on their site)?
Depends on whether you need the Altitude miles. Depending on the exact dates, the fares to DEL can be as low as $1100 rtn all in from YYZ. Definitely can find fares at around $1200 on several carriers incl 9W, TK, etc. You might want to try a TA that specializes in fares to India (Gala, Gill, etc) as tehy seem to be cheaper than OTA on quite a few occasions. Off course the cheaper fares involve a connection. I found 5 airlines incl UA, TK, LX, LH, 9W with your dates for $1500 or less from Halifax.
I cannot comment on AC 787 Y as I have only been on J.
Re PY there is less competition on this route. AC PY YYZ-NRT is $1900 so $2500 does not look to be that good a deal. LH/AC in PY is $2300 for your dates as is Delta. All AC is $2400. 9W is $3128 in J which is a very good deal if you can increase your budget from $2400 for PY to $3128 in J. Connect in YYZ and Brussels.