FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige MasterCard [2015-2017]
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rooney
.... You want to close Prestige to avoid the annual fee but keep all 110k TYP points for the foreseeable future.
The best answer is, we no longer know if this is possible. Until recently the points earned by a specific card expired when that card account was closed, without regard to any other open accounts. Now, Citi has removed that language from the ThankYou terms and replaced it with:

ThankYou Points accumulate and expire as described in your Citi Account materials or in ThankYou Rewards promotional materials. ThankYou Point accumulation and expiration status can be accessed on the My Point Summary section of My Account at thankyou.com. ThankYou Points contributed directly into your ThankYou Member Account are also on the My Point Summary section of My Account on thankyou.com. Unless otherwise noted in your promotional materials, Points which are contributed directly by ThankYou Rewards will expire three years from the end of the year in which they are awarded to you. Please keep the Citi Account materials and promotional materials for your records because they are part of these Citi ThankYou Rewards Terms and Conditions.
In short, you need to read and retain the printed material which accompanies your card to understand the expiration policy which applies to your account. There is no assurance that your expiration terms will be identical to another cardholder's terms if the cards were issued at different times.