Old Jun 11, 15, 12:29 pm
Lost

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Not that I know of. All of the slot canyons I know about are along the Arizona/Utah border between Kanab and Page. I'm not as familiar with the area between Bryce Canyon and Provo, so someone else could chime in there.

6.5 hours sounds about right in good weather. It's mostly two lane roads (one lane in each direction), but there's little traffic. Weather would be your main concern.

Are you able to add a few days to the trip? If you could make it say 11 days that'll give you a few buffer days if you need to alter your plans, and if the weather turns out to be good then just spend more time snowboarding or more time in Page or some of the National Parks in southern Utah (Zion, Bryce Canyon, grand Staircase, Grand Canyon, etc), or spend a few days in Vegas or Phoenix.

An alternate destination you might consider is Moab. It's quite a bit closer to Park City. Then you could fly out of either CNY (Moab) or GJT (Grand Junction, Colorado).

But look into flying out of one of those smaller airports I mentioned in post 2. They're quite a bit closer than SLC, LAS, and PHX.

Last edited by Lost; Jun 11, 15 at 12:37 pm