FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Lounge Database | Europe
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:17 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New lounge - Tirana

Tirana has a new lounge. The BA arrangements are a little uncertain, the staff think the contract hasn't been signed yet, but there was no actual difficulty in entering, other than that the lounge agent asked for my card. The boarding pass doesn't have the whole FF number, so that was understandable. I suspect access will be regularised fairly soon, I wasn't the only BA admission this evening, so I'm confident about adding it here. The new lounge is visually attractive with a countryside theme, and very practical in terms of the variety of working and seating arrangements, but not brilliant on the food front. The other main improvement is toilets inside the lounge. It opened 3 weeks ago.

TIA - Tirana
TIA Air Business Lounge
Contract lounge
Tirana International Airport Nėnė Tereza

Airside, after passport control, to the left and upstairs from the main duty free shop.

Opening hours
04:00 to 23:00 hrs

Access
Standard BA rules
Priority Pass
Lounge Angel

Food and beverages
Cereals, croissants, jam, boiled eggs in the morning, green and stuffed olives, pickled beet, cucumber (gherkin), red peppers, feta, tomato soup, wrapped sandwiches, tinned peaches and plums, apples and oranges, biscuits, cakes. No crisps or nuts.
Range of spirits, including Raki Rrushi and many vodka varieties, but no gin!
Soft drinks: juice, coca cola and zero, still and sparkling water
Coffee (Pascucci capsule) and kettle/tea sachets (local supplier).
Red wine: Shesh i zi
White wine: Shesh i bardhe (both Albanian)
No champagne.
Microwave

Entertainment
3 Apple Mac PCs
Free wifi
Wifi printer

Toilets but no showers in lounge
No smoking.
Recorded bird tweets rather than muzak.