FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [UK] Centurion changes coming July 2015 & January 2017.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:06 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Deckard
Sorry just got clarification from my RM... "The letter will drop as planned in July, which is when the enhanced benefits apply. You’ll have to enrol on the Centurion website. The double Membership Rewards will cease effective 01 October 2015, and the new fee will apply on your renewal date"

JK the justification was "we haven't had a fee rise for 7 years". If that's true the increase should be £430 (See this calculator)
Thanks for getting the clarification! Regarding the rise - that may well be the case. Sadly however, the utility or value-proposition of the card has not risen (for me) over that period, and hence the increase is not justified in my case.

What's your view? Likely to renew, or get rid of it? I'm very much waiting and seeing, and likely will forget to cancel out of laziness - but sitting here with my current logic-driven hat on, I'd have to say I'm inclined to cancel at renewal.