FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gift Card Fraud !!!
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:00 am
Phantom707

Originally Posted by GCfraudvictim
Heads up guys that there's fraudulent activity hitting the [unnamed FL] Simon Mall gift cards. I'm not sure if this issue is affecting the other Simon malls, but the gift card issuer representative was clear that this is a known issue for the mall in question. And I can see that now given that the cards are poorly designed (the first 12 digits are the same). It seems like the fraudsters ran some kind of script that deduced my last four numbers and the CVV.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Will I get my money back? The representative somewhat put me at ease, but we'll see...

Check (and use!!!) your cards!
What's the point of leaving the Simon Mall unnamed if you're trying to give a warning about it? I think that it would be really helpful to others (myself included) if you gave us the name of the mall so that we could stay away from it.

I get that you want to maintain your privacy, but now it seems even more suspicious that you didn't name the mall. You could've given a brief back story (like "the X Simon Mall a few towns over from me is having fraud issues"), but now we're more inclined to think that you're very close by to the particular Simon Mall in question. But honestly, though, if your town has a Simon Mall, it's probably large enough that you'd be able to maintain some degree of anonymity.