FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help to plan Antelope canyon + sun dance festival trip!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:40 pm
beckyjong

Need help to plan Antelope canyon + sun dance festival trip!

Hi all,

I plan to check out some of the national parks and Sun Dance festival in Park City next January 2016. I’m coming from Malaysia so I have very little knowledge about the region so really appreciate your help to plan this.

Currently, my schedule is still flexible. I just know that I will have around 8 days for both the parks and the festival. The must do’s for me are:
- I have always wanted to see Antelope’s canyon but I’m not a photographer but I would love to check out the famous narrow slit canyon there
- I definitely want to watch a few movies but I also want to do some snowboarding at Park City
- I don’t mind spending 3-4 nights driving (with a rental car) around the area checking out different national parks and then 3-4 nights in Park City, or vice versa. I noticed on forums that everyone ALWAYS does the grand canyon + Bryce + Zion + Antelope canyon trip but only the Antelope one is a must do for me. I’ve seen the south rim so it’s not especially a must do for me although my two friends coming with me, haven’t been there so I don’t mind making a stop there too if it makes sense for the route

Appreciate tips on what makes sense. I am flexible as to whether I fly into Salt Lake City to start the whole journey or fly into Phoenix/Vegas. I can start at one city and end at the other, whichever makes the most sense for the whole trip.
I’ve not found a lot of searches of people going to the national parks in January so I’m a bit concerned that maybe we can’t even enter some of the parks in winter? Any tips?

Really appreciate the help!!

Thanks,
Joanne